It is our intention to make our setting accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- We ensure that information about our setting is provided in a Welcome Booklet.
- Children who are in their second year of attendance [3 & 4 yr olds] are given first chance to use their full 15 hours funded sessions per week. Children on the waiting list are then given the remaining places as equally as possible [It will not always be possible to give children on the waiting list their full 15 hours even if they are entitled to them. In these cases we would encourage parents to split them with another setting.
- We welcome both fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers, including childminders into our setting.
- We operate an equal opportunities policy, we believe that ALL individuals are of equal worth and should therefore be given every opportunity to fulfil their potential. We endeavour to foster attitudes and relations which promote an understanding and respect for others.
- Parents are made aware of all our policies which include our Valuing Diversity and Promoting Equality Policy.
- We are flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children and families, providing these do not disrupt the pattern of continuity in the setting that provides stability for all the children.